RULES OF THE XXIV “SOLIDARITY” MARATHON
1. Commemorating the Victims of December 1970 and the Killed Shipyard Workers.
2. Popularization and propagation of running as the easiest form of leisure.
3. Commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Poland's independence
1. The Marathon is organized by the “Solidarity” Marathon Association
24 Waly Piastowskie St.
tel. / +4858/ 346-30-34
fax. /+4858/ 308-42-61
III. DATE AND LOCATION:
1. The race will take place on August 15, 2018. The participants will run along the streets of the Tricity and finish the race in the Gdansk Old Town.
2. The ceremonial start: 9.00 a.m., The Victims of December 1970 Monument, Pilsudskiego Ave., Gdynia (the former finish line)
3. The start proper: 9.30 a.m., Pilsudskiego Ave., Gdynia (near the City Hall of Gdynia)
4. The finish line: Dlugi Targ St., Gdansk (Old Town)
5. The distance: 42.195 km; the route has PZLA and IAAF certificates
6. The route will be marked every five kilometres.
7. Time will be measured in the DATA SPORT system; the official time is the net time
1. Each Participant of XXVI „Solidarity” Marathon must be at least 18 years old on August 15, 2018.
2. All participants must be verified in the Organization Office between 13 and 15 August
3. During verification, all participants must have an identity card or passport, and the entry fee payment slip.
4. The cloakrooms (ZKM buses) will be located in the parking lot in Gdynia (opposite the City Hall of Gdynia).
5. Participants will be obliged to leave their belongings packed in bags in the cloakroom until 8.45 a.m. The bags will be distributed at the finish line in Gdansk once the participants show their start numbers. If a participant loses his or her start number, the organizers will not be held responsible for the bag being taken by someone else.
6. The organizers will not take responsibility for belongings not submitted to the cloakroom.
7. Participants are bound by IAAF and PZLA rules as well as the present rules.
8. In order to be classified, each participant must cover the entire approved route of the marathon and to finish the race within the statutory time of 5h30 min. Participants who do not finish the race until 2.30 p.m. will not be classified.
All persons who will be on the route after this time will take their own responsibility pursuant to applicable road traffic laws and provisions of the Civil Code.
9. The use of any vehicles on the marathon route is prohibited, excluding the organizer's vehicles.
10. It is forbidden to start the race under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
11.The organizer will not accept any private dietary supplements of participants.
The bus for participants who would like to go to Gdynia (parking next to the start line) will depart from the finish line in Gdansk on 15 August 2018 at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Application and payment:
Competitors' verification and distribution of the start numbers and pre-marathon kits will take place at the event office on August 13 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on August 14 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Gdańsk Doki st 1 house 131A ( near European Solidarity Center )
2. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 05.08.2018
3. The following participants are exempt from the entry fee (deadline for submission of application: 05.08.2018):
- participants who completed 23 Solidarity Marathons in Gdansk "Solidarity
- guests invited by the race Director
- participants over 60 years of age
- members of “Solidarity”(membership fees paid)
1. Each participants of the 24h „Solidarity” Marathon is obliged to pay the entry fee:
- Applications submitted by 04 March - PLN 69
- Applications submitted from 05 March to 06 May - PLN 79
- Applications submitted from 07 May to 08 July - PLN 99
- Applications submitted from 9 July to 05 August - PLN 119
at the Organization Office on 13 and 14 August -PLN 150 (for new submissions unpaid until 05 August)
- Participants who, until August 15 2018, completed 60 years old or more, they pay a fixed fee - PLN 30!
In general, the applications will not be accepted after 5 August.
There will be a possibility to submit the application at the Organization Office on 13 and 14 August only in exceptional cases (entry fee: PLN 150), but the organizer will not guarantee the pre-marathon kit.
The fee once paid is not refundable.
2. Payment for measurement of time is included in the entry fee (chip in start number).
3. The organizers will not take responsibility for the application or the money transfer getting lost in the mail due to the fault of the post office or bank.
In the XXIVI„Solidarity” Marathon the following classifications will be kept:
1. Open classification (1st – 6 place)
2. General classification of women (1st – 6th place)
3. Women’s and men’s classification in age range groups: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69,
70-79, + 80
4. General classification of “Solidarity” Trade Union members (membership fees paid) – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
5. Best result by a Tricity resident (female and male)
6. A race diploma can be downloaded from the website [ www.maratongdansk.home.pl results within 7 days after the event.
The final results will be published at www.maratongdansk.home.pl, datasport.pl and www.maratonczyk.pl the day after the marathon.
7. It is planned to give additional bonuses for course records for women and men.
8. All information on bonuses and additional awards will be given one month before the event
9. All participants who complete the marathon within the time of 5h30 min. will receive a medal
VIII. NOURISHMENT,REFERESHMENT,CONTROL POINTS AND TIME LIMIT:
1. The nourishment points will be located every five kilometres approximately
2. The passage control gates will be located on the route
3. All participants are obliged to obey the time limit, which is 5h 30 min.
- 25km – 03:12;00
- 30km - 03:50;00
- 35km - 04:30;00
- 40km - 05:10;00
The marathon route will be closed for vehicular traffic until 3.00 p.m. The participants who fail to finish the race within the time limit be obliged to stop the race and arrive at the finish line by special bus marked “ KONIEC WYSCIGU”( the End of the Race).
1. The organizers will provide the accommodation for August 14, 2018 to those who make a suitable reservation on the application form.
2. Free accommodation – GCS sports hall in Gdynia (own sleeping bags and sleeping mats - limited number of mattresses in the sports hall)
3. Other participants will have to find paid accommodation on their own;
tourist information: Gdansk – tel. 048 58 306 38 65, Gdynia – tel. +48 58 620 77 11,
Sopot – tel. +48 58 550 37 83.
1. After finishing the race the participants will receive a regenerating meal and beverages.
XI. FINAL PROVISIONS:
1. The organizers provide medical care along the route and at the finish line.
2. All marathon participants are insured against unfortunate accidents (included in the entry fee).
3. The organizers will take no responsibility for anyone who participates in the race without verification.
4. During the race all participants are obliged to wear the start number with the chip on the front of the T-shirt.
5. The participant of the 24th“Solidarity” Marathon considered and assessed the scope of the risk of participation in the race and decided to start at his/her own risk.
6. Each participant of the marathon is obliged to sign a statement on running on his/her own responsibility.
7. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or interrupt the race without giving reasons.
8. Written complaints will be accepted by the event office on the marathon day until 4 p.m. Any disputes will be settled by the Marathon Director within 3 days. Director’s decisions are irrevocable.
9. The interpretation of the present regulations is reserved for the Marathon Director.
Dr Kazimierz Zimny